20 Outstanding Persuasive Essay Topics For College Students
The main point of writing a persuasive essay is to prove your stand on a controversial issue. When you have to write one of these essays, your topic is so important. If you choose and outstanding topic, it will make a huge difference on how your paper turns out. Make sure that you choose a topic that you are passionate about. If you really don’t care either way, it makes it hard to nail your point home. If it effects you emotionally, you can use your emotion to persuade your audience to believe your side of the issue.
I have compiled twenty outstanding persuasive essay topics that are sure to get you off to a good start.
- Is it immoral for mothers to abort their unwanted babies even in the case of rape?
- Is it right to give animals deadly diseases just to find a cure for ailments people die of?
- Should animals only be killed for food and not for fashion?
- Should marijuana be legalized for recreational use?
- Should athletes be allowed to take bribes?
- Should we raise the driving age to twenty one because there are so many accidents from people under 21?
- Should students just use tablets instead of textbooks?
- Should athletes have to take drug tests?
- Should we put a tax on imports to boost the economy at home?
- Should companies have to limit their outsourcing?
- Should there be a national curfew for teenagers?
- Should female construction workers get paid the same as their male counterparts even though they can’t lift as much?
- Should there be a cut off at the bar to help stop drunk driving?
- Should kids who commit crimes be tried as adults?
- Should there be harsher punishments for drunk drivers?
- Should individuals with alcohol related offenses on their license be allowed to buy alcohol at gas stations?
- Should there be a limit on how many children a couple should have?
- Should younger children be able to get a job?
- Should there be regulations on commercials for cigarettes and alcohol?
- Should music with inappropriate lyrics be allowed at school dances?
Choose a side and start proving why it is the right side. Make an outline to help you organize your ideas and so you can concentrate on proving your point.
- Creating an admission paper
- Cause and effect essay topics
- Crafting a 500-word narrative piece
- Essay topics for elementary students
- Writing about Romeo and Juliet
- Getting essay sample free of charge
- Composing essay conclusion
- Starting an obesity definition essay
- Report essay hints
- Choosing topics on job shadowing
- Making an essay introduction